Raw Seed Bars
What’s up Wholly Humans!!!
I have a cracker of a recipe for you all today. It is so ridiculously simple and easy AND it tastes incredible!
On my first experimental attempt with this recipe, my Nan (91) got really excited and started telling me I NEED to package them up for mass production! Apparently they could make me a rich man!
I get the shits with all of the pre-packaged muesli and snack bars out there who claim to be healthy and good for you when they are all majorly processed and full of preservatives (it’s crazy what outlandish claims companies are allowed to make in order to seel their products).
Simple solution…………. Make you own from whole foods!
So today’s recipe is a seed slice that puts all of the store bought bars and treats to shame. AND you can make it in less than 5 minutes.
The kids will love it, the Grannies will love it (as you’ve heard), and it’s an awesome snack for your lunch box or to quieten down the afternoon snack monster.
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 2 big tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 big tablespoon honey
- Melt the coconut oil either in a saucepan or in a bowl over hot water.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend just until all of the ingredients are combined. I like to keep it chunky, so I only blend for about 20 seconds.
- Line a small container or Perspex dish with baking paper (or just grease with a little coconut oil) and push in the slice mix so it ends up around 1cm thick (½ inch).
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes, or fridge for an hour, just to set the coconut oil.
- Slice into your desired size pieces and Bob’s ya uncle!
It’s no secret these days how good for you goji berries are – so high in antioxidants and vitamins, but a lot of people don’t realise how incredible raw seeds are for you too. They contains healthy fats (EFA’s), protein, fibre, and the list goes on….. Pumpkin seeds are super high in zinc, magnesium and have been proven to promote healthy sleep and be good for the prostate!!
How good is that!
The real bonus here is the coconut oil. There is a boring old myth that says “fat on the lips is fat on the hips”, I hate to break it to you, but it’s BOGUS!
Think about what has happened over the last 20 years since everything became “fat free”.
There definitely isn’t a skinny epidemic!
Coconut oil is amazing for weight loss as it boosts your metabolism and is a natural anti-inflammatory. This super food is soothing for the digestive tract and also helps fight of unwanted bugs and parasites in the gut.
Just be aware of the quality of the coconut oil you buy; here are some guidelines –
- Make sure it is in a glass jar
- Certified organic Extra virgin
- Sustainably sourced
- Not deodorised. They add nasty chemicals to extract the natural aroma
Well my friends, the “bar” has been raised!
Haha, I really crack myself up with my lame jokes. Imagine when I am a Dad how bad my jokes will get!
Feel free to leave a comment or subscribe to the email list on the homepage so I can notify you when I put up new recipes and blogs. And don’t forget to register for my October workshop soon, the early-bird ticket offer is a one-off crazy offer!
Thanks for reading
Create an AWESOME day!
P.S Here is a video of another one of my jokes that is so bad that it may actually be funny! Enjoy.